WWMT 1.7 is out (old news retrieved from Google Cache)

Started by wallworm, October 12, 2011, 06:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Version 1.7 is out. It's one of the biggest single updates I've released. It adds many new features, fixes several bugs and changes a few things.

At the moment, I do not have any additional documentation on the features listed below. The changelog description is the only docs until I get time to explain them in more detail. I expect to make a video soon demonstrating Sequences, Attachments and Particle Systems.

Please make sure to report any bugs!

Version 1.7 released on 09-27-2011

•Added VTA export for models with a Morpher or Morph-O-Matic modifier. A flexfile with the channels is created and linked from the main QC. Currently only works with the Wunderboy VTA Exporter.
•Added VTA-Prep function to automate the creation of keyframes on meshes with Morpher or Morph-O-Matic modifier. This item is the WW Morpher UI in the Wall Worm > Wall Worm Utilities menu. It makes keyframes for each channel in the modifier. (If you don't see it, you can add it to your menu by opening WWMT Settings and clicking the Add to Menu button.)
•Added Particle System UI in the Attachment rollout to allow attaching particles to your model. Many particle systems in popular mods are available from a menu; also add the name of your own custom system.
•Added new line to all exported QC files for an auto-generated include QC file. If the include file isn't there, WWMT will now always create it. If it is there, it will not over-write it. The new include is always in the same directory as the current QC. If your model name is "mymodel" the main WWMT QC is called "mymodel.qc" and the new custom QC file is called "mymodel_custom.qci".
•Added support for Reflection export as $reflectivity. Uses Reflection value, or if your use a Color Correction Map (Max 2009+) in the Color Correction Map, uses the Color of the Color Correction map.
•Added $ssbump to export of LightmappedGeneric and WorldVertexTransition materials exported with the Displacement tool. ($ssbump is not supported on other shaders in Source.) Will automatically use $ssbump on such materials that have an alpha channel in the Normal Map of a Normal Bump.
•Added replacemodel and replacematerial to QC for bodygroup models that have LODs. Now main model QC will swap out LODs of bodygroup models automatically.
•Added new WWMT setting to turn on/off the export message prompt for models and model textures. That message prompt now defaults to off... which is convenient especially with models that have multiple models (ones with Bodygroups or custom gibs) and the batch exporter in the Utilities rollout.
•Added Del Sel buttons to LOD entries to let you remove a mesh from that particular LOD.
•Added Material button to each LOD entry into the LOD list. This lets you assign a material for that LOD that will over-ride the materials when at that LOD. Note that the function only works for materials that have a name that has a diffuse TGA that matches the name of the root model's TGA(s) and follows this pattern: if root model diffuse TGA is "mydiffuse.tga", then the material will only be swapped if you also make a material with a diffuse map having a "mydiffuseLOD1.tga" in LOD 1, "mydiffuseLOD2.tga" in LOD 2, etc. Accepted materials are Standard, Multi/Sub-Object Materials and Shell Materials.
•Changed $phong no longer exports for any Shader type except for VertexLitGeneric.
•Changed Diffuse Bitmap now optional. If none supplied, diffuse color is used in the VMT as $color. Note that this feature seems to be best used on the Lightmapped Generic and UnlitGeneric materials... when used in VertexLitGeneric... I have not been successful in getting the color to work... but it means you can compile a model and view it in Source without a texture yet... though it will be white or gray in-game.
•Changed Displacement tool VMF exporter to use prop_dynamic for any model that doesn't have $staticprop checked and has no Prop_Data assigned in the gibs rollout.
•Fixed export bug when exporting a model that had bodygroups assigned in a previous session.
•Fixed Bodygroup materials not getting exported with the main model.
•Fixed gibs materials not collecting recursively on main model material export... now it should collect all of the gib's decendant materials.
•Fixed Export bug that happened if any of the materials in the Skin material were not Standard Materials with a diffuse bitmap.

wallworm

So I have been testing this new version and feel I can leak the beta... there are still a few things that I plan on adding to this version and it's not fully tested... but if you are daring you can install this version and provide feedback:

BETA DOWNLOAD REMOVED... 1.7 is now out

REMEMBER IT IS A BETA! If something is majorly broken, you can always download the official version from the main site.

For this version it is important to run the Add to Menu button in the WWMT settings after you copy this version. It will add a couple new macroscripts that are part of this update.

VTA Tools
The new VTA features are this:

1) WW Morpher UI. You can find this after updating the WWMT menu under Wall Worm > Wall Worm Utilities > WW Morpher UI. At the moment it's just one button.

What does it do? For each mesh in the current selection when you press the button, it will find those that have either a Morpher Modifier or a Morph-O-Matic modifier. It will then create a keyframe for each channel at 100 weight (and put the rest at 0 for that frame). This speeds up preparing a morphed mesh for VTA export.

2) VTA Exporting. This function will only work properly if you have Wunderboy's VTA Exporter installed. (I'm not even sure that it checks at this point... so make sure you have that before testing. If your WWMT mesh has a morpher, WWMT will export the VTA during export and will create the flexfile code for each channel in the morpher. At the moment this code is included in an external QCI file that gets written alongside your main QC. There is also a custom QCI flex file written alongside both of these... the intent being that the custom file will never get over-written by WWMT once created.

The process still takes more to get full flex to work... but this is a stepping stone at the moment that should help speed up the process.

PARTICLES
WWMT now lets you assign particles to your model. You can either use from the preset particles for the mods I've added into the tool (CSS, HL2:EP2, TF2, L4D and Portal) or you can enter your own custom files.

You can assign all the parameters to the particles such as which attachment to use, whether it is in the keyvalue block, or assign it to a frame in a sequence.

I'm sure the kiddos will love that one.

MORE

Another new feature is that all QCs get a line added to include a custom QCI file that you can use to add custom parameters not in WWMT. That custom file will get created alongside your main QC and will match the name of your model's QC file except it will say _custom at the end and have the extension .qci instead of .qc. (This is a separate custom QCI from the one mentioned above... which is for the flex data.)

Also, you can now set $reflectivity with the Reflection map of a Standard Material. Use the spinner for percentage... or use a Color_Correction map in the Reflection slot to set a color.

Please send feedback. Right now my main focus is feedback on optimizing the flex/vta process. If you find a bug, please share it in the bug report section.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk