HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! map with tubes

Started by thescenmapper, April 20, 2014, 12:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thescenmapper

hi everyone, i want to do a race map, and the race track is a tube, a hollow cylinder with curves. I can't use world geometry tags because this is a too complex geometry and it won't work, but also i can't make all the structure of the racetrack a gigantic prop model because it is too big for working in the right way, what i can do?  :(

wallworm

If you can make each segment of the tubes a convex part, you can use the Set as Concave Brush option in WW.

You can also look into using the PipeMax tool in Maple3D's Convexity or Game Level Builder. If you own Convexity (not to be confused with Wall Worm's CorVex plugin), it is in that program. If not, you can use the same tool that comes with the free Game Level Builder on the Downloads page at http://www.maple3d.com/. Please note that Maple3D is currently not  developing their tools, and Convexity is not being released for 3ds Max 2015 or future versions.

Also, GLB does not work out-of-the box for Max 2014 at least. I had to replace line 133 in PipeMaxV1_02.ms with this code to work:

local uvmod = uvwmap ()
uvmod.maptype = 4
uvmod.height = 256
uvmod.width = 256;
uvmod.length = 256
addModifier B uvmod

How long GLB will remain available, I am not sure.

thescenmapper

ok, thanks a lot, i will try this way. 8)

thescenmapper

a question: game level builder has the option export to .map, but how i can import it in hammer editor?

wallworm

Quote from: thescenmapper on April 22, 2014, 10:10:29 AM
a question: game level builder has the option export to .map, but how i can import it in hammer editor?

You do this with Wall Worm, not GLB. Use GLB for making some kinds of geometry, but use WW to export the geometry. In WW, tag the objects as Brush Geometry with the WW > Level Design menu options. Then export with WW's VMF Exporter (Under WW > WW Exporters).

WW2.0 may be out later today, so you may want to wait on this. It offers a bunch of enhanced features and more UI ease-of-use.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk