Weird rotation of imported models (ragdolls)

Started by angrypenguin, August 14, 2013, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrypenguin

I'm using 3ds max, and when I import through the QC and SMD importer, my imported models always have their bodyparts "exploded" everywhere.
If I try to align them as well, they stick back to their original positions floating away.

I'm a bit new to all of this, is there something I'm doing wrong?

Here is my problem:

wallworm

My best guess is that the Rotated Model option was checked. For animated models (especially those with bones), it is probably best to not use ANY of the checkboxes in the import options of the importer dialog.

As it turns out, the SMD importer was largely written by another person (Corey Nguyen). I've personally only used it for testing that it works... and added a few options and the ability to read a QC file. But many users have found that it doesn't necessarily import animations correctly, and have asked me about it. I've asked Corey to look at it; if he doesn't have time, then I may address the issue if the premium members of the forums start asking for it.

You may want to get some feedback from lolnarwhals as he was working on importing models to re-export and was having issues. He may have some advice.

Also, maybe K@rt will shed some input as he recently rebuilt the Hulk model for L4D by importing, editing and re-exporting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk