Big Update Coming

Started by wallworm, October 03, 2013, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

I have a significant update to Wall Worm coming soon. I was hired by Robert Briscoe of Dear Esther to update and finish the VMF Importer. So that will be out as soon as I test some of the features that I've changed that may affect how WWMT works and the SMD Exporter. Premium Members can get a preview of the upcoming release from the links here.

This is a very large release that makes the VMF importer (VMF > 3ds Max ) correctly bring in all geometry, UVW and even prop meshes! I need to document a couple of the VMF Importer features ... so please be patient with me if you don't understand immediately how to get all props and materials to import with a scene. Special thanks to my friend Andrew Penry for helping me solve the importing of VMF face UVWs into 3ds Max coordinates.

Other updates include some really cool enhancements to how displacements work, enhancements to the SMD/QC importers, speed enhancements to entities and some bug fixes. I'll give the changelog when I actually release it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk